Time to enjoy Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Time to enjoy « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User
Username: kevin1946

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, 21 April, 2019 - 12:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

So here in Ireland we are coming into our summer with the temperature reaching 22 today, this is hot for Ireland, after a very mild winter, so it is time to enjoy our beautiful cars here on the South East Coast, the view of the small sailing boats at sea is great to see.

I took my new purchase out for a drive of about 50 miles and it ran like a Rolex, not a sound, cruise control & air con perfect.

It's my best one I have had with 63,000 miles on the clock, after 100 miles round trip and the engine idling at 550 rpm the oil gauge was still at 1/2.

As I drove it I thought (fondly) of the last owner who unfortunately died last year. He had the car for 5 years and kept it well, classic cars here in Ireland benefit from cheap car Insurance @ around 200€ (280$) and road tax of 56€, our only downside is petrol @1.40 a litre which can make them expensive to use daily.

These cars are very usable in Ireland as our weather seldom goes below -3 or above 23 c, so air con doesn't have to work hard.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 413
Posted on Monday, 22 April, 2019 - 08:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Happy motoring Kevin. I took the old girl for a run today too, the grandkids love travelling in her.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 1370
Posted on Monday, 22 April, 2019 - 11:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin is Road Tax there what you pay each year to have a classic car on the road, like what we call registration here.

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 41
Posted on Monday, 22 April, 2019 - 18:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes,once a car becomes 30 years we pay 56€ a year and if we buy a car classic car outside Ireland the import duty is 200
The registration tas on newer cars can go up to 1900€ a year and the import duty on large cars is up to 35% of its value when imported.My wife has a Mercedes SLK 200 and the tax is 700€ & insurance 660€.

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Tuesday, 23 April, 2019 - 10:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Kevin,

Snap some pictures next run up the coast.

A RR doing what Crewe intended, effortlessly cruising along giving joy to the owner.

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, 23 April, 2019 - 17:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I will take some but I have not much look uploading photos,
Where I live I have a beautiful sea view and on a clear night I see the Wales coast.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 422
Posted on Tuesday, 23 April, 2019 - 22:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can see further on a clear night, last night I saw the moon.

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 428
Posted on Wednesday, 24 April, 2019 - 09:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm sorry to report Kevin that our Indian summer is about to expire as there's rain showers and a sizeable drop in temperature forecast for the next few days. As Murphy's law would dictate the Silver Shadow is about to be commandeered for bridal duties and will be required to battle on through the inclement conditions just after she's been treated to a good polishing and tyre dressing, c'est la vie.

Kevin Deasy
Experienced User

Post Number: 48
Posted on Sunday, 28 April, 2019 - 08:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Larry it is a beautiful car,a credit to you,it is great to see and hear a good car.
Thanks for calling into me on your way to the airport,it was nice meeting you,it is a pity we didn't have more time.
I hope to meet Mitch with his Bentley in Dublin on Monday,he is getting disheartened with it as he can't fix the hot starting,it's a Turbo R.and they can be temperamental,I have just purchased an engine for a friend who overheard his Turbo R car and seized the engine.
Kevin

Larry Kavanagh
Grand Master

Post Number: 431
Posted on Monday, 29 April, 2019 - 06:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good to meet you too Kevin, hopefully next time I won't be in such a rush. Your Silver Spirit has a very sweet running engine and a good body. When the few minor issues (e.g., vinyl roof) are sorted you will have a pristine, low mileage car that would be a keeper.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: