Jeep Cherokee Right-Hand Drive Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Jeep Cherokee Right-Hand Drive « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 598
Posted on Saturday, 12 December, 2015 - 11:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi, you fellows drive on the other side; a friend has a 2001 Cherokee with the steering on the right as England, Australia, Japan( they were sold in the USA for rural mail carriers and he is one). The evaporator in the air confitioning is bad and no one in the US stocks these, not even Jeep-Chrysler. Do you know a parts source who will sell to US customers? All your Cherokees will havethis same evaporator part number 4874044AD. The rhd models' evaporator is different from the left hand drive models which are many times more common here.
Thanks!

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Saturday, 12 December, 2015 - 18:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy,

Does he want new or used?

The following link might be a good start.....

http://usautoparts.com.au/Store/Product/?id=5197

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 372
Posted on Sunday, 13 December, 2015 - 08:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy try Suburban Imports www.suburbanimports.com.au they appear to have ac parts. How sad that somebody could live in the USA and have to drive such a horrid thing let alone have to spend money to fix it !

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 599
Posted on Sunday, 13 December, 2015 - 08:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh, I don't know; it was one of the first smaller sport-utility vehicles, and with attractive styling it had a sort of truck-rugged appeal. True it wasn't much to ride in, but lots of people either wanted or needed more ground clearance and 4-wheel drive like in rural areas and where winter is bad. Such vehicles are much improved now in comfort and reliability. Also there are many cars with full-time 4wd. Mercedes-Benz, Ford, GM, Subaru, and others such that winter driving is less of a hassle.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1792
Posted on Monday, 14 December, 2015 - 03:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This site indicates they have it, and is based in Europe:

http://www.usaspareparts.com/parts/336-mopar-europe/674460/4874044ad-04874044ad-evaporator-unitevaporato.html

Has he had an A/C shop look at it? If it's a simple pin hole somewhere these can often be repaired, and are, by mom n' pop shops.

Jeep is one of the few suppliers of RHD vehicles for the USPS, particularly for individuals who are rural route carriers and want to buy their own RHD vehicle. My dad used a LHD International Scout way back in the 1970s and no matter how you rig it using a LHD vehicle to deliver mail is inconvenient.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 895
Posted on Thursday, 17 December, 2015 - 00:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I get all my spares (US spec Dodge Ram grey import) from http://www.rockauto.co.uk/ Chances are if they haven't got it, it doesn't exist. Be extra careful when ordering multiple parts. Having more than one depot most are available from a single depot, but get it wrong and they won't query multiple sources and charge multiple international freight costs.

The .co.uk lists prices in GBP and .com in US$, but there isn't a corresponding .au site to translate the prices into AU$.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1800
Posted on Thursday, 17 December, 2015 - 01:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jan,

I've used rockauto for items for every car I own (including the RR, I think, but not often). I hadn't realized they have a UK operation.

I've been very happy with the products I've purchased and their customer service on the occasion or two I've had to call upon it.

Brian

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 899
Posted on Tuesday, 22 December, 2015 - 23:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry, I may have inadvertently implied that they have a physical presence in the UK. They don't. All their warehouses are in the US and that's where they ship from. They merely use the .co.uk address to post prices in £Sterling/GBP rather than US$.