Brexit. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Brexit. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 00:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Interesting that the Judges have ruled that the MPs must vote on artical 50.

Any MP that votes against Brexit is voting against the will of the people and is liable to incur the wrath of the public and lose their seat.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2295
Posted on Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 07:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Robert,

We live in interesting times however, as recent events have shown, unexpected things will happen which have unforeseen consequences for all of us.

Unfortunately, political influence is costly and limited to a privileged few. Eventually change is achieved by violent and aggressive actions from those who do not benefit from the conditions imposed upon them.

The French and Russian Revolutions are just 2 examples of the consequences from an unequal and indulgent society arising from the abuse of "privileges" only available to certain segments of society.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 08:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Even some of the pro EU lobby are saying the same thing, that if their MP voted against Brexit then the MP is against the will of the people.

I wonder how The Queen feels.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1045
Posted on Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 22:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

[I wonder how The Queen feels.]

Very well with the commonwealth!

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 633
Posted on Friday, 11 November, 2016 - 05:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob to answer the Question "How the Queen feels" you will have to wait until I get to London and interrogate the Corgi.

Because it must know. As Elisabeth R must have patted them at some stage.

Perhaps after a hard night in Crewe I will be caught hissing with most thick Russian accent through the bars of Buckingham Palace " Oi ! You with the funny big fur hat - bring me the corgi....."

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 648
Posted on Friday, 11 November, 2016 - 06:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I can just picture the Queens Guard (the guy with the fur hat) marching over to you with his Heckler & Koch assault rife now with the safety OFF saying "the Corgies are unavailable sir. Move along"

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1181
Posted on Sunday, 13 November, 2016 - 04:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Corgis are vicious blighters they will bite before spilling the beans on the Queen.

The guns at Buck House really are loaded but not one up the spout just in case.

I used to visit a family that lived in the Royal Mews which is in the grounds. I used to turn up and the police used to let me in, the cops always found me a parking place in the grounds, handy for the West End and the clubs.

Nowadays The Palace is firmly locked down. due to incidents over the years.

The guards are there to protect the general public from Prince Philip and the corgis.

The plan is Vlad is that you get arrested at buck House for hurling abuse at the corgis and get locked up in the Tower and while escaping you carry off the crown jewels and sell them on Ebay. What could go wrong?

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 651
Posted on Sunday, 13 November, 2016 - 16:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sounds like a plan Robert.

As Jeremy Clarkson would say.
"How hard can it be!!!!"

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Monday, 14 November, 2016 - 03:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

14 years in clink is how hard!