1956 Packard Patrician Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » 1956 Packard Patrician « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 664
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 07:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have the 1964 Chrysler 300K waiting for me in California to pay shipping etc and I did promise myself that I have enough cars and that loot needs to be spent erecting the stoned mansion.

Jetsetters and possums it is clear to me that I have again lied to myself and it is obviously essential that I must have a 1956 Packard Patrician for three reasons. 1. I was born in 1956 2. This Packard if not a copied to become a Soviet Zil certainly looks like one and there are all theories and yaks that the Soviet Union bought the Packard dies etc. 3. It looks like a good car to me.

Thus therefore etc I am seeking your comments not on my blatant financial Toad of Toad Hall behaviour but on my choice of car. As I understand things Packard was considered a luxury car. If one of you fine gentlemen could lift up to the forum a photo of this Packard that would be so kind. Also a picture of the Zil version of it would even be kinder.

Grand Master

Post Number: 665
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 08:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The 1956 Packard Patrician appears very similar to the 1959 Zil 111

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 958
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 08:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here you go mate.

64 Chrysler 300K

56 Packard Patrician 4 door

2 door

59 Zil 111

Grand Master

Post Number: 667
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 08:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks Patrick and hoping you can give me a tutorial on uploading pics in London in September 2017 at the first RR forum swaray!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 959
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 10:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If we can make it Vlad, we will be there

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 694
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 10:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick if you don't go who will we get to take and publish the photos.

Richard.

Grand Master

Post Number: 668
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 11:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Also, jetsetters Gaz M13 Chaika is very similar to this Packard. Chaika means Seagull in Russian language and is stupid name for a car in my opinion. Richard is right Patrick, you must attend the Crewe rendezvous.

The reason I can't buy the Russian version is that the prices asked are purely idiotic because most Russians think everybody in the west has a big house with a large swimming pool and tons of loot in the bank. Dumb I know but I blame US sitcoms for that misinformation.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 16:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
The 56 Packard is a beauty.
What guise are you considering? 2 door coupe? 4 door? limo or convertible?

Grand Master

Post Number: 672
Posted on Saturday, 28 January, 2017 - 16:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Only a four door Omar as the others are well out of my financial reach!