Vulcan Blood. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Vulcan Blood. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 658
Posted on Sunday, 01 November, 2015 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A Maserati Bora owner which has LHM brakes called LHM Vulcan Blood.

The system sprung a leak and filled up the foot well in Vulcan blood. Wreaked the carpets.

He said that the brakes are very powerful. He gets 35 pumps before warning lamp and buzzer go off. The headlamps go up and down 15 times before pressure is lost.

Very much the same as a Royce owners in the thinking about how to check the system.

He has seen Boras where there is no reserve what so ever and very dangerous. All the car needs is a new sphere. Evidently BX ones fit and its a 5 min job. I am glad my spheres are OK. Its such a PITA on Royces. Should have designed like Maserati easy to get at.

The system was chosen by Maserati because the boss said a sports car should be light at the controls not like a Lambo tractor. The brakes are pure Citroën. But Maserati added things like pop up headlights to the system which they made but not quite as well as Citroën would have. Its these bits that give trouble. The rest of the system is bullet proof which belies owners into thinking that because the brakes work they can forget about the sphere. Sounds very familiar. Running costs are about the same as a Royce, a lot.

Hopefully I will get a ride in a Maserati Bora.