Quality. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Quality. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.121.31
Posted on Tuesday, 31 March, 2015 - 07:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A few years ago I brought a Chinese made classical guitar with soft case for £39.95 from Argos. The intonation is good and it's loud. It sounds different from my ancient B&M. The chinese guitar is a quality guitar.
One of my grandsons brought a tanglewood katana. This is a UK made Fender Stratocaster copy. He paid £15 with hardcase and lead.

I have set the katana up correctly. I often find this with old guitars no one checks the setting and only adjust to cure string buzzing.

It sounds mellower than a genuine strat. But still nice. The quality of the parts is good. The katana is about a third of the price of a Stratocaster.

Intonation means is the string in tune or temper to the strings name.
example the E string when tuned to E when stopped at the 5 fret should be A. And so on.

The intonation of any guitar is never perfect. Unless it has staggered frets. Which makes only one tuning possible.

Also the G string should be tuned 15 cents flat of G. So G sharp when played as part of a triad doesn't clash.

100 cents is a semitone 1200 cents is an octave.

(Message approved by david_gore)