Pleasant surprise Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Pleasant surprise « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 858
Posted on Friday, 19 February, 2016 - 07:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My wife is deaf in her right lug hole. She bent down and heard a loud click. She now can hear in both ears.

She's spent all day listening to music. She said it sounds so much better.

Her right hand hearing loss was gradual so she adapted to it. She learnt to lip read. Sometimes getting it wrong. She thought a bloke had said typical northern *unt. He said Chippen Norton Hunt. Country and Western turned into That *unt from Preston. Mind you I think some of it is done for fun. She's a bit of a words smith.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1913
Posted on Friday, 19 February, 2016 - 07:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob,

Has your wife's doctor checked her ear for wax build-up since this occurred?

The "click" she heard may have been a wax "plug" that built up over time coming away allowing sound waves to access her ear drum.

Some time ago I saw a photo of a collection of human ear wax "plugs" held by a collector but have no idea where it was.

Mark Aldridge
Prolific User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 281
Posted on Friday, 19 February, 2016 - 10:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob, from personal experience, invest in a Private Consultation with an ENT Consultant. No wait, outstanding service and cleared a very serious ear problem in 3 weeks after 9 weeks of hell syringing ears etc. Best money I have spent, even better than my cars !
Mark

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 862
Posted on Saturday, 20 February, 2016 - 07:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Beat you to it. Today after consultation with out GP he says the lug holes are clean and that the problem is further in and has booked an appointment with ENT. He also said that often no further treatment is required. And asked if she had had a cold recently. Suggesting that the coughing and sneezing somethings correct the inner ear.

I played a bit of music today which she could never quite understand. She can now understand what she hearing.

Recently I felt uncomfortable in me ear and found a lump of ear wax just inside my ear it's surprising how big it was. Ears are meant to be self cleaning. But sometimes modern living causes too much dust to get in causing wax overtime to encapsulate the dirt and kill bacteria.

I remember a guy sending a collection of his wax to a university for research. The uni threw it away.