Back to hospital Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Back to hospital « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.121.184
Posted on Thursday, 23 April, 2015 - 22:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Unfortunately I am about to be taken to hospital. I have a swollen right knee and I cant get out of bed. My temperature is up. The morphine wont stop the pain. The doctor think i have an infection.

I am shaking with pain.

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1580
Posted on Friday, 24 April, 2015 - 08:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob, on behalf of everyone in our forum community I extend to you our sincere wishes for a safe and speedy recovery.

We look forward to your return to the forum and a continuation of your contributions.

Take care mate and come back soon better than ever.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Prolific User
Username: soviet

Post Number: 240
Posted on Friday, 24 April, 2015 - 09:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob we need you back here as soon as possible.

Very frightening to think the morphine won't stop the pain.

Some say pain is just a thought and while you feel it you can't be deceased. I can do without pain but my back has been screaming at me for a few days - it could have been the wielding of my very large sledge hammer to break up some concrete but I just don't know. Backs are sneaky things and I used to lift out Datsun 120 Y engines by hand and not have a problem.

But please come back to us asap Bob as we have much still to work out.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 682
Posted on Friday, 24 April, 2015 - 12:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob

I would like to echo David and Vladimir's sentiments. Hoping for your quick return to the forum.

Geoff

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.120.44
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2015 - 00:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I am getting emotional.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Saturday, 25 April, 2015 - 08:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob,

I hope that emotion is happiness at discharge and being in better shape now!!

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Brian

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2015 - 00:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am in Poole Hospital and my room over looks (3rd floor) Poole Harbour and Sandbanks peninsula and Brownsea Island. I watch the boats and things plus the main railway line to London one way and Weymouth the other way. The people who live on Sandbanks Peninsula pay £million plus for the view. I am higher up from sea level and pay nothing.

Brown Sea lsland is where Baden Powell founded the Scouts.

Good news is that I have gout not an infection. Gout is urine crystals in the joint. They have flushed the knee hopefully be on two feet by Wednesday is saturday today.

I had nitrous oxide to quell the pain and its very effective and pleasant.

I really appreciate thoughts.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Sunday, 26 April, 2015 - 09:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the updates on your progress - hope the weather co-operates and stays fine so you can enjoy the view.

Be wary of the nitrous oxide, it is also known as "laughing gas" for good reason .

Gout is very painful so I have been told and it is interesting to know morphine was not effective in making you more comfortable yet good old-fashioned nitrous oxide much loved by dentists does.

Your positive thinking is the most effective thing you can do to accelerate the healing process and make next Wednesday a reality.

It is hard to keep a good man down for long .

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 197
Posted on Monday, 27 April, 2015 - 04:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Bob,

thankfully it's not an infection, which is kind of good news, even if gout must indeed be painfull.

I just hope you'll be out of hospital soon and can continue your recovery.

Benoit

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, 27 April, 2015 - 00:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I met another Shadow owner who has a white car which is used for weddings only. My car is black so I told him I use my car for funerals.

The laughing gas is issued via a valve which requires me to seal with my lips and breath deep should I over do it the seal goes and the system shuts down.

Randy Roberson
Grand Master
Username: wascator

Post Number: 373
Posted on Monday, 27 April, 2015 - 07:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great news! Our prayers were answered.
My Dad and next brother have gout. Painful and debilitating when they have attacks. I and two other brothers have not been so afflicted.
Best to you for a speedy return to your home!

Lluís Gimeno-Fabra
Grand Master
Username: lluís

Post Number: 354
Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2015 - 04:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good luck to you Bob.

Lluís

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 92.40.249.62
Posted on Monday, 27 April, 2015 - 23:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP