How tempting is this Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » How tempting is this « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Thursday, 05 May, 2016 - 06:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A Silver Cloud for restoration. I wish I was in a settled location. I would be sorely tempted to bid.

I can almost hear Chris Browne shouting BEWARE!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252377696036?redirect=mobile

Geoff

Kelly Opfar
Frequent User
Username: kelly_opfar

Post Number: 86
Posted on Thursday, 05 May, 2016 - 13:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh my heavens. I could totally see myself buying that - if I wasn't already eyebrows deep in another certain RR project.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 150
Posted on Thursday, 05 May, 2016 - 14:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Surely that would have to pull around 50k wouldn't it?

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Thursday, 05 May, 2016 - 15:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick

It's gone from US $9k to $12k, in a few hours. However, I would not expect it to go higher than 20k as it will need about 50k to restore it. That's my guess anyway. I might be surprised.

I like the honesty of the advertiser. They say there is quite a lot of rot that will need repairing. Also, it has not run for 30 years, so a lot of mechanical work will need to be carried out also. Nevertheless, a good solid complete car for restoration. If my personal circumstances were different, I'd be bidding.

Geoff

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 152
Posted on Thursday, 05 May, 2016 - 19:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Geoff.
I really can't see to much of anything except for some bubbling in the left hand sill, right hand rear 1/4 and some paint crazing.
I'd get it running and give her a clean up and start driving.
Inside looks pretty complete.
I bet it would polish up well.
We have all seen cars that have been sitting that long that have rust, and it usually hangs out pretty well.
It would sure be good to check it out close up.

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 247
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 01:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Unless I am mistaken, it is Bentley S3 with a Cloud 3 grille which may mean that all the logoed parts - hub caps, rocker covers, pedal rubbers and instruments may be Bentley. I also think that once the body work was started, a whole host of problems would be revealed. The crazing is in areas of lead loading which would also need addressing. Probably a good project for someone with deep pockets and plenty of patience.

Kind regards,

Chris