Electric Jag Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Electric Jag « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 08:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

200MPH

300 Miles range no engine 2 motors one back one front.

This car has drawn some uninformed criticism.

I want one £60,000.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 667
Posted on Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 08:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Is this it Robert?
The I-Pace
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/jaguar-reveals-i-pace-electric-car/

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 271
Posted on Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 22:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I really like this car.
In my opinion it looks much better than the Tesla Model X it would be competing with. I just hope the design doesn't get watered down too much for the production version.

Looking at the quality of my XF Sportbrake I vowed not to buy a Jaguar again but this might make me change my mind.

Benoit

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 668
Posted on Thursday, 17 November, 2016 - 07:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Benoit,
You can bet your bottom dollar some of the best design items we both like in the above image will not make it to production.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2304
Posted on Thursday, 17 November, 2016 - 08:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Benoit,

I would have expected Jaguar to be competing with the Tesla S series rather than the Model X with their early all-electric models.

This would allow them to achieve a "halo" image around the car plus the smaller number of vehicles sold would make the inevitable early recalls to fix problems less newsworthy to detract from the Jaguar reputation.

This has been Tesla's strategy prior to launching the Model X.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Thursday, 17 November, 2016 - 17:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The formula-E tells the real story on battery electric development IMO.
Jaguar have much to do it seems.
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/results/race-results/season/2022016/round/2

Renault Nissan the ones to watch.
Range value and reliability goes to the new Zoe IMO.
On my second all electric Leaf,due to change soon.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Friday, 18 November, 2016 - 09:05:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I liker the Leaf nice town car. The ZOE is even better but not available used. So Patrick I would hang on until the ZOE comes down in price.

Trouble with Renault is the battery rental.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 672
Posted on Friday, 18 November, 2016 - 11:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Robert,
I understand this is fairly common battery rental in these cars.
A strange set up I think.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Sunday, 20 November, 2016 - 03:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The new Zoe has a 40kw battery and a real world range of 186 miles wow.
Battery can be bought out right with no contract.
Dealer with the give away discounts seem way to much I will keep quiet on that.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1053
Posted on Sunday, 20 November, 2016 - 03:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And now another all electric to consider the
Hyundai Ioniq

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 675
Posted on Sunday, 20 November, 2016 - 05:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Can't go wrong with a Hyundai product Pat.

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 274
Posted on Sunday, 20 November, 2016 - 05:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'd very much like an electric car, if only for the incredible feeling of comfort by driving in complete silence and the accessible performance from standstill.

However, as I often do between 300-400km per day, the real world driving range (especially in winter), is currently often a problem. Also, here in Belgium there are almost no charging points.
Maybe in a couple of years when battery technology has improved I might buy one.

Benoit

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Sunday, 20 November, 2016 - 06:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick thanks I know little about Hyundai, if they are as good as Kia then nothing to worry about.

Benoit, Have you considered the roof top solar array for charging, I use this method with off peak electric when the the clouds are about.

What I really like with the all electric car is the instant torque that is available when pulling away at juntions and traffic lights a real hoot.....

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 676
Posted on Sunday, 20 November, 2016 - 07:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick
Hyundai bought into Kia and I think that has been the case for about 15 years now.
I understand they product platform share, but still operate fairly independently.
Here in Australia Kia has been known for many years now as being the superior riding and handling car plus better NVH over Hyundai, as Kia were doing lots of local chassis and suspension testing and development here on our crappy roads.
Hyundai have just started to do this in the last couple of years.
I have driven a lot of near new Kia hire cars as I travel a lot with work, and yes they are VERY good at soaking up the bumps & reducing road noise and the interior benefits from all the development.

I also get asked to find & inspect many first cars for teenagers, or second family cars.

I have a little saying.
"Japanese or Korean, never European"

This is based on that over many years of sourcing cars for people, the Asian cars even with high k,s are still running like Swiss watches.
The same age and high K Europeans are usually running like a busted arse, and have warning lights that resemble a well lit Christmas tree.

Here is Australia we have a lot of Opel based cars, and they are just shockers. Even the dealers can't fix them any more.

Plus when you source a car for a family, you sort of also feel obligated. An Asian car I source I know will be good, and thus, I don't loose sleep or wait for THAT phone call saying--- "that car you recommended to us---------"