Rolls-Royce, Bentley, and/or Exotics ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Rolls-Royce, Bentley, and/or Exotics Spotting « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1887
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 12:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Today was a very rainy day here in the Shenandoah Valley, and it's not an area where any low-production-number cars are seen with any frequency.

As I turned on to Interstate 81 to head south what should appear but a Maserati Quattroporte. That would have been unusual in and of itself.

About 15 miles further down the road, in the pouring rain, I came up from behind on a car and thought, "That can't be, can it?," and it was a Silver Seraph (in silver). It was actually as much a shock to see someone driving one in the rain as to see a Seraph on the road. It warms my heart to see a car being used as, well, a car was meant to be used.

Brian

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 155
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 12:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian,
As a Seraph is the highest ranking Angel, are you sure you were not seeing things on this dull and gloomy day?

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 156
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 13:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good Thread Brian,
When recently traveling to Sydney Airport.
I again noticed a car that had been sitting under a tarp for over 15 years I estimate.
I had always wondered what was under the tarp.
This is what I found as I drove past and the tarp has now gone!

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 157
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 13:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Here is another good spot.
While on a recent trip to Hawaii.
Over 2 weeks I never saw a single Rolls Royce, Bentley or any other luxo barge for that matter, well except for a few Lincoln Town Cars.
Last day in Honolulu, heading to Ross Dress for Less to get some shoes, and this is what I see going through the lights.

I was almost as excited as this lady in the full size image.

Look like they have been sitting around for quite a while.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 479
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 13:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How horridly obscene - a Camargue being unceremoniously dragged backwards with its grill displayed to the public.

Words can not express my profound disappointment.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1888
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 13:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry, Vlad, but if something had to go on the flatbed far better a Shadow than a Camargue.

Heresy to you, I know, but I've never warmed to the things and they're definitely not Pininfarina's most glorious design.

Brian

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 158
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 13:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I think Brian is right Vlad.
Such an out of proportion car.
The Italians probably did it so their 2 door coups would look far better.
They probably all said WTF??????
When Rolls Royce accepted their design pitch

Grand Master

Post Number: 480
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 14:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian Patrick - you fail to understand the Camargue. It is like a narcotic. Until you have sat in one and looked around one in real life you can't understand. I would be the first to admit that the designer should have been kneecapped for the front and I have often toyed with the idea of recessing the front headlights which I think would radically take if from a savage face to a more sporting debonair face.

There is also the exclusivity of the rotten things. Only 183 other people in the entire world can ever own a right hand drive Camargue and only 532 or so people over all. That's extremely rare. That type of rarity goes to your head and you start to get a King Billy complex. You start to think young attractive women are staring at you even though you are not famous or rich and your teeth are falling out.

It changes you mentally. Every Camargue could only have been purchased by somebody who was extremely demented and super rich like Toad of Toad Hall. A Camargue habit is not something I would want other people to catch. There is no antidote. Once you have a Camargue ...........you are never the same.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 159
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 15:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad,
I have never seen one in the flesh, and I would truly like to do so one day.
I have seen many cars that just look incredible when standing next to them, but images just dot do them justice.
But mate,
This is one of the worst looking cars ive ever seen from this angle.
And that trim that runs under the side windows,
what WERE they thinking?

It seems Pininfarina just had one design in there book and adapted it to anyone who asked.
Look at the Lancia's of the day. Same 2 door coup style stretched onto a 4 door saloon floor pan.
That huge rear 1/4 window is just terrible.
I agree from dead ahead, I like the look, but that bum is horrible, surely they could have made the tail lights more "non Italian"
But,
I do hope I have a different opinion when viewing one up close.

Grand Master

Post Number: 481
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 16:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick the trim under the side windows is for the recessed metal I guess. My Camargue does not have it.

The rear of the Camargue has been described by one writer of a large glossy book as "Supremely Elegant".

Personally I think the front is absolutely bloody awful even a tad ugly but I like the side and the rear. The interior is super swanky.

Now history can be a cruel master because had PininFarina designed this for RR and had they released the Camargue before the Fiat 130 then writers could not claim "its looks the same as a Fiat - no they would then say the Fiat looks the same as that hugely expensive Rolls Royce Camargue"

Artists do have a habit of rehatching the same stuff. My favourite artist is Salvador Dali and if you have a look at his work especially the oil paintings there are many similarities in many of his paintings . I think also the same with Music - I recall Angus saying that ACDC only really wrote one song and all the others are just a slight deviation from the rest.

But I think simply because it is a Camargue people look deep to find fault just as they do with Royalty and famous actors. The media is immensely cruel to the Queen and drives most famous actors crazy - I am never surprised when one of them loses the plot and attacks the cameraman. Then again I see all media as rude jesters.

The interior of a Camargue is horridly decadent. I mean two interior door handles for each door.

When you manufacture something like a Rolls Royce and then you put out another Rolls which is twice the price of a Shadow then obviously a whipping boy is essential - somebody needs to be paddled viciously.

Quite what were the conversations that went around Crewe when this car was put together is beyond me and I think an historical documented truth of the matter is now lost for all time. "What were they thinking and why " Its a bit like trying to get into Stalin's head after he is dead - you really are never going to get the correct accurate picture and had you the temerity to ask Stalin what he was thinking ie millions to die slowly and other the be shot on the spot - I think your life expectancy would have been quite short.

Camargue bashing is a popular sport. But I have had people look at my Camargue and just go crazy with admiration over it.

Taste and style comes in all forms - I guess that's why pug dogs are still around and haven't been all poisoned or shot.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 18:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I must admit the Camargue has grown on me over the years and I now appreciate it for what it is - a rare vehicle and a car that dares to be different. It is one of those cars where one has to be very careful about the colour as the wrong colour [such as the "Cacky Green" in the above photo] can make the car repulsive and the right colour makes it one to be admired.

This is a refreshing change from the look-alike cars sold by todays manufacturers - no individuality to show the owner likes to be recognised as someone who is not afraid to be different.

Brian Crump
Prolific User
Username: brian_crump

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 19:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick, I trust you are coming to the Federal Rally in Bendigo next week where one of the major displays on the Sunday will be the Camargue?
Regards,
Brian Crump

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, 06 May, 2016 - 21:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian,
Unfortunately I can't get the time off work to attend the Federal Rally, and what a disappointment for Leanne & I

Vlad, as mentioned above, this is a car I really do want to see in the flesh and I do want to admire and be converted.
I worked for an Italian truck maker for many years, and was not to impressed with their same old same old design over many years. Even Giorgetto Giugiaro supplied some very similar designs to other Italians when he was brought in to refresh the new IVECO range. What a shame.
I spoke with him at length over a number of days during the launch and journo drives and what a great man to talk to.
He reminds me of what poor Mr Blatchley went through with his Rolls Royce hierarchy.
His design genius was far beyond what his bosses wanted to take a gamble on.
Vlad is entirely correct in his passion for this car, it's rarity is beyond reproach.
I commend you Vlad for a great reply to my flogging of this car as I see it.
One can truely see your love of this car, and defend it as I would do my SSI for others who see it as an ugly duckling.
Your description made me smile Vlad, and I went and searched for interior images, of which some I have never seen.
I have to agree with you, the interior is quite stunning.

Just to clarify as mentioned there are parts of the car I like and some I don't.

David,
I agree with you in that someone was thinking outside the box when it comes to supplying something different and exclusive.

As you correctly meantioned a lot of cars today have a similar shape and that is due to being designed using a wind tunnel for the best co efficient of drag, and the main thing governing front end design these days is pedestrian impact safety.

The main thing I like about this car is it gets people talking as we are doing and offering their varied opinions, which will of course see this car as one of the best remembered Rolls Royce ever, and what car company wouldn't want a legacy like that!

Have you got an image of your Camargue you can share with us Vlad?

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1889
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 02:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir wrote: There is also the exclusivity of the rotten things. Only 183 other people in the entire world can ever own a right hand drive Camargue and only 532 or so people over all. That's extremely rare. That type of rarity goes to your head and you start to get a King Billy complex. You start to think young attractive women are staring at you even though you are not famous or rich and your teeth are falling out.

The problem for me is that exclusivity and rarity don't mean a thing to me if a given design doesn't move me. You couldn't give me the Frua Phantoms nor any number of other "one-offs" in the Rolls-Royce or other exotics world. The Rolls-Royces commissioned by Nubar Gulbenkian virtually all make me want to run from the room screaming. This Hooper-bodied Wraith, for instance:

Lost Gulbenkian Hooper Wraith

has been lost to time and I doubt that many people except exclusivity hounds are scouring the earth to find it.

I will be the first to admit that taste is a profoundly personal thing, but I know of very few people, including Camargue admirers, who will use the term "beautiful" to describe this design. You get things like, "distinctive," "unusual," and the like most often. For me it presaged the boxes on wheels designs of the 1980s that I intensely disliked on many marques.

I've been very fond of quoting the French aphorism, chacun à son goût.

Brian

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 989
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 05:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This Italian design was one of four built in 1950
by Giovanni Farina at the Stabilimenti works Turin.
I found it in Southern France 2001 and restored rebuild it ready for a trouble free run to the Loire Valley in 2003.
How time flies

Farina Coupe

Grand Master

Post Number: 485
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 09:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I say Patrick I bet that Italian piece was worth a pretty penny. Is it a Lancia or a Fiat? I detest myself for not being able to identify it immediately.Patrick I am coming to Sydney probably in late August and need to go somewhere near Penrith to look at a pile of Skodas - maybe we could meet on neutral ground into Cross, have a few and go bouncer hunting. Don't worry Patrick I used to street fight in the Cross as a kiddy and later I had Neddie and Roger on speed dial. Neddie has gone downstairs these days (probably hooning around in a RR with a pack of saucy bad girls) and Roger would answer if only he could keep out of trouble but just like I think I was born with cars on the brain Roger was born naughty.

Also Patrick that Cloud that was under cover near the Sydney airport may I enquire where exactly is it ? I suspect its a Cloud II. Looks restorable and as I had a Bentley SIII which I cut the roof off and had to cease conversion to convertible in order to send my exwife on a one way trip to South Carolina for evidentiary reasons (I had to weld the roof back on and sell the rotter) I must one day continue with the conversion adventure.

One cannot go through life without a convertible Cloud- its just not right.

David I am most probably coming to Sydney to find work as Queensland has almost the same economy as North Korea at present so I shall be bringing the bore worms with me to entice you to come with us to London. Its the retired Barrister in me old chap - I simply cannot stop arguing until the judge gets off the bench and swishes wildly at me.

Brian your arguments are always strong and often painful. That car you pictured with the Indian involvement is horrific but probably valued at the net worth of Tasmania. My retort is - have you ever seen a Camargue in real life? Photos are misleading as my dial in a photo is true ugly but in real life I look much worse - as I walk down the street in the town I shop in women cry and run and dogs go into a yelping fits. If I drove that Indian Rolls Royce into town I am certain the mayor would ban me for life and then I would have to survive on fish and wallaby and perhaps parrot.

The Camargue is quite simply a God of a car. Whereas a Shadow is a very attractive car that does not cut the mustard in the Camargue class. I have the entire sales team of Crewe from 1975 to 1986 to back me up.

Yeehah !

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 09:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Talking of ugly cars, the third I owned when I was 20 was a Daimler Dart. I'm not sure if it's even known outside the UK. The picture below is the closest I can find to what it looked like, in blue. Mine however came with narrow steel wheels which I immediately changed for 5 1/2 Js (i.e. wide wheels). The car looked much better for it.

Ant Anstead of "SOS car" fame apparently loves them, as did I. So maybe it is a purely subjective thing.

Anyway, I'm looking for comments on this car. No offence will be taken. I sold it a long time ago.

dart

Geoff

David Gore

Post Number: 2033
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 10:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff,

I think Daimler may have sold this car or a derivative here as the Daimler SP250 - if my recollection is correct, the Federal Police in Canberra acquired one as a high-speed pursuit vehicle and one of the "wallopers" wrapped it around a tree shortly afterwards writing it off and it was not replaced.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1225
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 11:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

So it was known overseas. I didn't realise it had been exported as relatively few were made.

It was totally out of keeping with the Daimler tradition. The body was made of fibreglass however the 2.5 V8 engine was excellent and sounded superb. I nearly destroyed mine also by running it, on one occasion, without the exhaust tailpipes. After a short fast run, smoke was rising from underneath the fibreglass floor but fortunately it didn't catch fire. The other mishap was when the bonnet blew clean off it's hinges whilst racing a BMW on the A roads just outside of Stratford upon Avon. Happy days.

Geoff

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 162
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 14:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vlad.
The car you are referring to about being a pretty penny, is that the rear picture I posted above, the green rear end?

Currently Roger is going through a court case for an alleged murder, we could go sit in the gallery if you want. Neddy is currently at the supermax prison at Lithgow.
We could visit him, it's just one and a half hours from my place.
I bet your going to the European centre on Batt St Penrith.
He has like 100 Citroens in his front yard.
I live just near Penrith so that will be great.
There is a pub just around the corner from the parts guy that serves good food and cold beer.

Your spot on mate, it sure is a Cloud II and the owners father said it has actually been sitting there for about 22 years.
I have left the chap card after card after card, but the son never calls. His father said if he was to sell it, he wants $45k.
It's at Arncliffe, just off the Princes Highway.
Man cutting a roof off any car and welding it back on is a horrible thought let alone being on a cloud.
That Daimler does look awesome Geoff, right down to its headlights, then it gets a bit "a face only a mother could love"
I'd love to hear the 2.5 V8 it's a great instillation from what I can see by the pics.

Grand Master

Post Number: 486
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 17:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes that horribly ugly Daimler was available in Australia. A millionaire mate of mine who was from NZ had one and wanted me to buy it.

The 250SP is a severely horrid vehicle and it suited my mate who was crazier than me if that is at all possible. When this lunatic was 58 I introduced him to a Phillipino girl who was absolutely stunning and 30 years his junior. He married her. I rang him many years later and he complained to me that she was working as a cleaner and would not give him any of her earnings and that she was sending all her money back to her relatives in Phillipines.

I explained to him that in order to halve his wealth very fast all he had to do was to keep on his same path.

Lost track of the fool but never forgot him turning up to my place in this horrid car. Its got fins and the front is pure Monty Python. Anybody that owns one has my sympathy. Its just horrid.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 163
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 18:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Great Story Vlad.

It doesn't look the best, but I bet that drive train is a peach.

Little V8's sound awesome.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 991
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 19:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Valdimir, the G Farina built car is not a Lancia or Fiat but very close.
One of the four built [the only other running car] is in a collection in New Zealand that has more known famous history than mine.
There has never been a sale on the open market of one however at the time when built there was five or seven 166 inter Ferraris by Stabilimenti Farina and these command it seems millions.

Geff, the Dart also known here as the SP250 was a fast car in a straight line, the mod as you say first the wheels that then made the steering even worse, although the handling was better if you used the throttle to power the car through the bends, light rear end helped.
Most cars now have a conversion from the horrid steering box to a rack and pinion.
The cars now are a joy to drive with the V8 on song.

SP250

Grand Master

Post Number: 487
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 19:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick is it an Alfa Romeo ?

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 165
Posted on Saturday, 07 May, 2016 - 21:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vlad
If your referring to the one I posted above, it's a Camargue.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 05:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick

The picture you show has the precise wheels I fitted.

As I recall, the chassis was from the Triumph TR4.

I really enjoyed the car and kept it for about 2-3 years. However I still cannot figure out why Daimler had chosen this design. I guess it's from an era when cars didn't all look the same.

Geoff

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 992
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 06:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Geoff IMO the design was plenty of strange curves for the strength of the body due to it being made out of fibre glass.

Before this one I had an earlier type and the doors opened on hard cornering or some bumps in the road.
Yes a TR4 chassis widened etc.

A few more cars of interest, yes another C6.

my hobby cars

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1227
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 07:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick

I am a little confused here. I thought the photo of the SP250 you uploaded was a library picture. Are you saying this is or was your car?

Geoff

Grand Master

Post Number: 488
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 07:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick precisely what type of hooter are you smoking - its rude not to share !

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 993
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 07:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes my car but photo taken some years ago, also of interest in the pic above the rear wing is the rear tailgate of my Citroen SM, wow what a car, fun and games that was.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1228
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 11:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick

The other point of interest is the Stag in the garage. Very nice collection of cars you have there.

Geoff

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 996
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 16:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vladimir, this link will show the cars name.

http://www.oldtimer.400.pl/farina.html

Will show one of my cars that will mabe interest you when I can get to it! Killing SS officers with VW connections.
Hidden away for 35 years.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 618
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 17:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In the famous words of Asterix....by Jupiter!!!

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 249
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 20:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I spotted this Continental R last friday in the upscale coastal resort of Knokke in Belgium. It is amazing what cars you can spot in this "mini" Monte Carlo (Ferraris, McLaren, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, ... all on a few square km's).

Anyway, the only car I took some pictures of (my wife finds it strange that a grown man takes pictures of someone else's car) was this German registred Continental R. I'm not too fond of the shiny, polished alloy wheels, but I guess each to their own.

Benoit

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 619
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 21:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Benoit,
I was driving on a stretch of road in Dubai and when we got to a speed bump I looked at the car beside me - it was a Ghost, the car in my mirror was a Phantom and I was in my Wraith II. Nobody even looked twice at the fact that there were three Rolls-Royces at one speed bump and all of them randomly placed there.
That's soooo Dubai....

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 250
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 21:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

you're reall lucky. I probably would never tire of seeing all those exotics on the road. Enjoy !

Benoit

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 620
Posted on Sunday, 08 May, 2016 - 21:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Patrick,
I love your cars.
In the 80s I had two SMs. One for me and one for my brother - they were amazing machines and hugely powerful. When I sell my ID next year I will buy an SM. There are plenty in France and well priced too for such a supercar.

Omar

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 167
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2016 - 07:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents.
I will keep my thoughts to myself regarding that showcase of Italian design
Benoit,
Nice find of the Bentley.
I agree with you about the wheels.
Omar,
What an amazing sight that would have been.
A pic would have been fantastic of the trio.

Love your cars Pat

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 998
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2016 - 17:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Omar, yes your on the money with
"by Jupiter!!!"
Regarding the SMs did yours have fuel injection or carbs.
The one I had was FI but no aircon even so I still replaced the quill shaft.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 621
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2016 - 17:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How I loved being 20......
and yes Patrick it had carbs, and AC and it was a manual...... I loved it.
My brother had the red car.....

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 999
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2016 - 18:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Omar, I know the feeling a proper mileage muncher.
Some pic of some trips.
The one with the cops! the note I have on the photo "2 miles before Baza, could not catch us"
Sent a car in the other direction but could not confirm speed so let us off.

Nearest to it now IMO is the 3.0 HDI C6.

I do love the wife but cars as well!

SMs

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Monday, 09 May, 2016 - 23:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar

Haha - you've just come up with an idea for a new thread - photos of us at 20 with our cars. Here's me at 20, trying to look cool leaning against the bonnet of my Dart.

dart

If you look closely, next to the headlights you can see the bonnet clips I fitted that came loose when I was doing 95, resulting in the bonnet flying up and being blown clean off the car. The closest I've ever come to a serious accident.

Geoff

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 623
Posted on Tuesday, 10 May, 2016 - 03:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

great photo Geoff....

Yes lets see what others were like at 20...

I had a bonnet incident on my 76 Cadillac Eldorado only last month. The Cadillac bonnet is as big as a sail.... very very scary.... the bonnet is toast now.....
The car was handed over to me after a 6 month restoration and they forgot to close the bonnet when they handed the car to me.... 2 Km later the bonnet (hood in American) flew up in the air and stayed up at 90 degrees to the car....

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, 10 May, 2016 - 06:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That's a great photo Geoff.
Love the hair.
At least you had hair at 20.
I've been follicle challenged since I was 18.
I guess it was lucky the bonnet blew off completely a massive shock, but still had visibility.
Poor Omar had to contend with a 3 ton missile while trying to stop with one last image in his head of what was in front of him before it went blank.
Omar.
Did the restoration people fix it?
That must have been a massive shock boys.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1230
Posted on Tuesday, 10 May, 2016 - 07:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar

As Patrick said, the great risk to you was the sudden loss of visibility. I'm glad the only damage was to the bonnet.

Geoff

David Gore

Post Number: 2036
Posted on Tuesday, 10 May, 2016 - 10:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I now have a problem as I have always been the one taking photos of cars and not the one in the photos plus the ex-wife took all the family photo albums with all our pre-digital prints. All my parent's photos are in the form of 10,000 plus slides which I have stored pending the day when I have time to sit down for a week or two to go through them and have the important ones converted to digital format - they go back to 1956 when my mother decided she wanted to be a photographer and bought a 35mm Japanese camera. These would be the only photos that would include photos of me with my cars.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Tuesday, 10 May, 2016 - 13:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Since I was from a family of modest means (and still am, for that matter) and lived at home until I received my undergraduate degree I never even owned a car until after the age of 20.

I think I've burned all photos from that era and I'm not sharing if I happen to find one!!

My first car featured, "Rich Corinthian Vinyl (not leather)," and looked almost precisely like this promo picture, except for the hubcaps:

Chrysler Cordoba

Brian, who may be able to stand photos post-20, but that 17-20-year-old period - no!

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, 10 May, 2016 - 22:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice car Brian.
What ended up happening to it?

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 624
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 03:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Patrick,
Yes they are still trying to repair the bonnet!! They are going to have one hell of a challenge to fix it though!!

Dear Brian,
What car is it? is it a Chrysler Cordoba? My friend had a 77 Cordoba and it was very very powerful.
Omar

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1894
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 04:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick & Omar,

Yes, it was a Chrysler Cordoba. It was a big V8, so it was powerful, but the car, while attractive, had horrible steering control (and I know it wasn't a mechanical issue). I loved the way that car looked but not the way it drove. I believe I sold it in a private sale, which is what has generally happened with most of my cars when I no longer need or want one of them. These cars also had awful problems with corrosion, not so much on the obvious body panels, but where the water from the scuttle intake was routed to make its way out. Mine suddenly sprung a leak directly on to my foot one day in a rainstorm.

I replaced it with a 1979 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency that belonged to the father of a friend of my Mom's. It wasn't as pretty and had a "bordello red" carved velour interior, but my was it comfortable and powerful, too. I've always craved luxury/comfort far more than speed. The whole "roar of the engine, squeal of the rubber" thing just never did a thing for me. The whole Rolls-Royce thing of saying that the power was "adequate" suited me just fine so long as I could cruise along the highways at no more than about 75 MPH. I would not be one seeing if I could keep up on the autobahn, I'd be being passed on a constant basis!

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 626
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 05:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Brian,
Reading your post reminded me of the chuckle I had when I was restoring my 59 Chevy Belair 2 years ago - I needed to buy a component inside the car around the dash. Lots of research revealed that the parts were very easy to find if only I could figure out the American name for them. When I learnt what they were - ebay had lots on offer. But really Brian...... trust your fellow countrymen to call these parts knockers!!! do you know what knockers are in English English?
I will save the fun and joy for a Brit to enlighten you. I loved the knockers that arrived in the post after I managed to buy them - but they were nothing like the real thing..... hahahahahaha

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 172
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 07:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,
I have never seen a Cgrysler Córdoba before.
Looks like a palatial country club inside. The American Chryslers and to some extent Australian spec Valiant Regals sure liked there plush cloth and buttons.

Omar.
I love knockers as much as you by the sound of it.
I bet the American knockers are bigger than the Australian version.

But you're correct.
While trying to source parts for my 25 Chev, I had exactly the same issue.
A friend in Melbourne assisted with the translation.

I hope they get that bonnet right Omar.
Maybe trying to get a straight replacement would be easier.

David Gore

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 08:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rule #1 for "knockers":

What does not fit in the mouth is wasted!!!

Patrick,

My first girlfriend's father owned both a R series Valiant followed by an AP5 Regal which I had the experience of driving one day when she had the car after we both gained our driving licences. This girl is now my partner as we met up again after my marriage failed.

I still remember the power of the Valiant 225cid engine which made the power of my father's 170cid Falcon XL seem puny by comparison also the "space-age" push button automatic Torqueflite 3 speed transmission which was far superior to the Fordomatic 2 speed in the Falcon and the original fluid coupling Hydramatic in the Holden EK.

Memories wonderful memories

Christian S. Hansen
Prolific User
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 08:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David...
Re: Rule #1: To each his own, but if the Lord did not wish us to use our hands, he would not have given each of us two of them...

David Gore

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 09:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian,

Top marks - I had trouble composing myself from laughing too much................................

I might add we were also given one mouth and the privilege of having two knockers to work on thus prolonging the ecstasy.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 11:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Q Why is the space between the chest and hips called the waist.

A Because when God created women, he could have easily fitted another pair of "knockers" in there.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 628
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 14:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This thread deviation has certainly made me laugh out loud.
Next time I sit in my Belair and look at the metal knockers I will have a job to contain myself.
Anything more than a handful is a waste.... really? well send those "wasted examples" my way..... I would be more than happy with the excess....

I think it was our American brothers who invented the term BBW..... I am such a fan....

David Gore

Post Number: 2044
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 16:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

I do not think the above content is a deviation - I am certain it comes under the "Exotics Spotting" heading.

After all, you cannot appreciate let alone touch without first spotting the exotic .

Brian, our apologies for using your topic for other content but some of us cannot help our wicked sense of humour letting a chance like this go by........

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 630
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 18:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hahahahaha,
People on this thread are such dudes.
when we meet up in the UK we will have such a blast.
David - how about you agree with your tenants to let you have a week off and you can be the moderator that we all need to control our wickedness?
Omar

David Gore

Post Number: 2045
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 18:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

Unfortunately I am a "prophet without followers" when it comes to repair and maintenance problems on my properties and I do not have anyone who can respond appropriately if when problems arise if I am away. My main problem is I am the only one who knows the "inside out" of the properties from over 40 years of experience with them and where the hidden defects, services and safety issues are located. The only way I can effectively solve this problem will be when the properties are sold and someone else has the full responsibility for their upkeep and maintenance. Until then, I cannot get away in Australia let alone overseas.

Also, do not think I will be capable of controlling the "wickedness" of the attendees; I am almost certain to be the one leading the way to the fun and games......first to arrive and last to leave.

Regards David

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 22:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Guys.
I've been told I have a BIG mouth, so the old saying that more than a mouthful is a waste (thanks Dave) is great for me.
Anything over that magic limit of "D cup" is right up my alley!
I'm on your page Omar BBW = awesome, and of course fits squarely into our knockers category of exotic spotting.

I can't wait to hear Vlads take on all of this!!

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1896
Posted on Wednesday, 11 May, 2016 - 23:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thread drift is endemic and expected.

The particular direction of the drift is definitely amusing territory, but alien to a big ol' 'mo such as myself!!

Brian

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 632
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 03:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Brian,
You could help us moderate the moderator when he finally sells his properties.
Dear David,
I have two properties that I rent to students and I have only ever seen them twice for a sum total of one hour. They only generate money and there is no love or affection with them. They are commercial ventures that I can never get affection for. The minute there is an emotional connection of any kind you are goosed. For me these places get me a weekly income and they have a value that keeps going up. A totally cold relationship. This allows me to get smashed with Vlad, put my arm around Patrick and nod when the next BBW walks into the bar and to be merry with the rest of the gang at the pub. Divorce your properties and marry new ones that dont need you so much. You will love the freedom mate.

Omar

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 179
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 07:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That does sound like a great idea Omar.

Surely with Sydney prices, and the age of these homes David.
You could sell most of them, and just live off one or two, and place them with a good property manager.
I did just this after doing all the work to mine thinking every other tradesman or handyman was hopeless.
In fact they saved me money by only doing what was essential, and they are very good at their job.
As Omar rightly suggested, it then took the emotional attachment out of it all, and certainly reduced my stress factor by 90%.
I still work David, so that helped me heaps.
In your situation, it would allow you to start living the life you have earned, and now deserve.

Start enjoying the fruits of your labour mate.

Grand Master

Post Number: 489
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 08:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick that Jowett you posted really threw me. I can usually identify most cars but I was at a loss with that one.

Now as for pictures of my Camargue and of my other cars if you are interested you go to yahoo and sign into this public email account which I set up so others can see my cars. I did this because almost always I can never post any pics to this forum. I have tried reduction programs suggested by other members but I can't seem to get them to work.

User Name: RollsRoyceCamargue1977@yahoo.com
Password: spriritofecstacy

Do enjoy.

David Gore

Post Number: 2046
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 08:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick and Omar,

One thing is certain, I am NOT emotionally attached to the properties but I am working to a long-term plan which commenced with my divorce and property settlement when I received the bulk of my share of the settlement in properties that had been acquired for renovation for both capital gain and future income. I have the time, my labour is free and I am currently eligible for a Capital Gains Tax Exemption on active assets when I do retire. One pre-requisite for this exemption is I have to be operating a real business and my current involvement is such that I fully meet this requirement. I have been working on a 10 year plan to complete renovating the properties to maximise their value and then selling them to self-managed superannuation funds who fall over themselves to buy sound, well-located properties with an established and stable income stream. I had previously done this with the properties kept by my ex-wife and she has been reaping the rewards while I have had to start over again.

When the properties are sold, I will be investing the proceeds in cash management, shares and property trusts to provide both income and hopefully sustained capital growth in the future to allow my partner and I to enjoy the benefits of our work since the settlement. I expected this would take around 10 years to achieve and on current indications, I will complete the work after 7 to 8 years.

"Everything comes to those who wait although some have to wait longer than others". This is certainly the situation I was forced into by circumstances outside my direct control, the fact that a greater than usual number of properties are involved plus I actually enjoy the physical work involved.

David Gore

Post Number: 2047
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 09:07:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

Would you please check the Yahoo address and password as Yahoo doesn't like what you have posted.

If you approve, I can download your pictures, resize them and post them on the Forum for all to see.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 09:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good idea David.
I can't access them either Vlad.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 182
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 09:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well David.
I certainly can't argue with that well thought out and executed long term plan.
Congratulations and well done for doing what you do and sticking to it.

Grand Master

Post Number: 490
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 09:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Since you naughty lot are falling into some type of naughty school boys area of comedy with the yak yak of knockers let alone knickers and are in need of some comedy better than my own can I suggest the English comedy series "In the League of Gentlemen" especially the exploding dog one and Is Dave there.

My view is that the English for some strange reason, perhaps a throw back from medieval days still produces the worlds best comedy and rock bands/artists.

Do enjoy.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 183
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 12:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Completely agree with you there Vlad.
No one does comedy better than the poms.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 635
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 13:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear David,
Nicely explained - We just need to be patient and wait for when you can actually join us on our jolly.

Dear Vlad,
I will download a few episodes and watch these - thanks for the tip. I also agree that the Brits have humour well sussed. Perhaps Brian may not agree as I found a large gap between the interpretation of humour across the shores of the Atlantic. I lived in Houston for a while and that was where I learnt that the American humour and the British humour are not at all aligned. Perhaps Brain will correct me.

David Gore

Post Number: 2048
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 14:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad, Patrick and Omar,

Do not forget "The Two Ronnies" [Ron Corbett and Ron Barker] - this classic BBC programme was also shown by ABC TV here in Australia with numerous repeats. The words I always did not want to hear was their traditional close:

"Corbett: That's all we've got time for, so it's "Goodnight" from me.

Barker: And it's "Goodnight" from him.

Both: Goodnight!".

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 184
Posted on Thursday, 12 May, 2016 - 23:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good memory there David.
Both gone to god now.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1006
Posted on Monday, 23 May, 2016 - 19:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vladimir could not access the link you posted however as promised a picture of the type car hitler ordered Porsche to build coppied from Ledwinka design cars that became the Beetle.
I must get it up and running.
Rumour has it that Ledwinka fed porsche with a design fault that made the car unstable when cornering at speed thus killing German officers who used it as a high speed means of transport to get to the front.

A little known fact was that VW [now history repeating its self, Germans getting away with it re emissions] after the war had to pay a large amout of money 3,000,000 DM out of court settlement to Tatra for stealing patent rights.

tatra

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 197
Posted on Monday, 23 May, 2016 - 20:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Really interesting post Pat.
Thanks for sharing.
The hint of that car in the pic leaves me wanting to see more.

Grand Master

Post Number: 492
Posted on Monday, 23 May, 2016 - 22:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That looks like a Tatra to me. There was one floating around for $295,000 fully restored - just why one would part with such an amount for a Tatra of very questionable handling and build quality is a mystery but stranger things have happened in the classic car world.

If you google "In the league of gentlemen" all the vids are there including the exploding dog and dave.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1910
Posted on Tuesday, 24 May, 2016 - 13:30:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

I've been away for some days now. With regard to British humor, some "translates" across the pond with zero problems while other leaves Americans scratching their heads. There doesn't seem to be much that resides between those poles.

I suspect the converse is true as well.

There is no doubt that the British shows we get over here, including comedies, are at a much higher plane than most of our home grown stuff. That being said, I've been told by several individuals from the UK that's because most of it is brought here by PBS (the Public Broadcasting Service) and that, as a result, the dross is already filtered out. I have to believe that every attempt to entertain, regardless of country of origin, results in some brilliance and a lot of dross.

Brian, who remembers a Tatra being displayed as part of an exhibit at the Corcoran in Washington, DC

David Towers
Frequent User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, 24 May, 2016 - 21:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am English and I find most British comedy dire! I rather like American ones though - The Big Bang Theory being my current favourite.

Older British comedy was excellent though, 'the two ronnies' being an excellent example as was 'Black Adder'. The league of Gentlemen is something I cannot stand and most UK comedians today are rubbish.

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Tuesday, 24 May, 2016 - 23:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Every day was comedy when driving this, still own it after all the passing years from when I was an apprentice with little loot when others had more upmarket modes of transport.

bradford

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 654
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 03:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

looks like an early 80s photo Patrick.
I bet you are glad you never sold this beauty.
Omar

David Gore

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 07:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

I suggest the Imperial War Museum would be very interested in acquiring the "Hitler Porsche" if you ever decided to cull your collection.

However, I still regret selling the first three cars I owned for sentimental reasons - young marrieds in those days could not afford to keep what would become future collectibles. You have been very fortunate to have been able to do this.

By the way, what is the car in the background? It looks familiar but I cannot recognise the vehicle presumably from the mid-1960's as it has the Ford Mustang "hip" styling over the rear wheel arch.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 08:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick

What is it? What a great vehicle to have in your collection. My guess is an Austin 10 Van with aftermarket side windows fitted.

Geoff

Patrick Lockyer.
Grand Master

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 17:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David, from memmory the car in the background was a 1974/5 Ford Capri, one that I bought new for a customer with a bridging loan from the bank, and then delivered, those were the days.

And here we have a vehicle [Dennis 1937 Half Cab rebodied in the 50s] that I bought with the engine and electrics in bits.
My curiousity for wet linners and a diesel with four valves per cylinder I could not resist.
Picture of it up and running and testing after completion.
I must be mad!

Yes we started young with married life it seems in those days, my son and myself in the pic.

Dennis Lancet

Geof the vehicle is not a Austin 10. It is a Bradford 6-Light van Maybe called so due to the three side windows on each side or maybe sold as a six seater somthing that I find amusing
with 25bhp.

Grand Master

Post Number: 504
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 19:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David for the Camargue pics try lower case
I just checked it but don't know if is .au or just .com - I think its rollsroycecamargue1977@yahoo.com Password spiritofecstacy. Let me know if you can still resize and post JRH 23682 pics. Thanks.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 209
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 19:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat
Love the pics, and love the van.
What a classic looking machine.
I'd love to own something like that.

David Gore

Post Number: 2055
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 20:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pat, no wonder I didn't recognise it as the Capri was not sold here after the early 1970's as the Falcon V8's offered far more performance for the same price.

One of the cars I regret selling was the 1971 Capri 1600XL which was the ex-wife's car. Beautiful handling car but unable to compete with my XY 351 V8 manual.

David Gore

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 20:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

Success at last - secret is to copy your password from the post and paste it into the yahoo log-in.

Have downloaded the images and will resize them and post in a new thread tomorrow evening. Do you want to supply me with captions for each image?

"The impossible I do today; miracles take a little longer!!"

Grand Master

Post Number: 506
Posted on Thursday, 26 May, 2016 - 01:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you for that David, please do but remember if you caption the Camargue as "Fiat 130" I know which state you live in!!!!!

Grand Master

Post Number: 508
Posted on Friday, 27 May, 2016 - 05:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Has our moderator kicked the bucket, fled to Argentina or Brazil or become the Full Fiat Follower or are the Camargue pics on the designated email unsizeable ? - that is the question.

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1248
Posted on Friday, 27 May, 2016 - 07:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And the other question - what's happened to Bob_uk.

David Gore

Post Number: 2057
Posted on Friday, 27 May, 2016 - 07:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Vladimir,

Unfortunately, my usual nemesis decided to ensure my life had to be made more difficult than usual and I had to do an emergency plumbing repair last night and arrived home too late to be able to do the resizing. Hopefully, things will be more normal today and I can do the resizing this evening.

Also, where is the feral cat you mentioned in the past - cannot see any appearance in the images .

Hi Geoff,

Bob UK is on a trip to Ireland with his Shadow and have had no indication how long this will be - I just hope he is not doing a pub crawl with the intention of visiting every pub in the Emerald Isle.......

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Friday, 27 May, 2016 - 08:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David

Thanks for the info.

I hope Hubert and Richard have been warned.

Geoff

Grand Master

Post Number: 510
Posted on Friday, 27 May, 2016 - 11:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well David I thought it would be something horrid like the plumbing but as you can understand I could not miss the opportunity to play the fool. The Mount Coolon Mauler and Master Murderess Miss PussNasty is presently living with me at the seaside in the Mount Coolon Cow Smasher Falcon Panelvan as I am here to start a new job after eight months off. She is sleeping at the moment but soon I will stir her from her slumber with my 80,000 volt electric cattle prod which also comes in handy with keeping the kiddies away from the Camargue's Sprit of Ecstacy informing her that the moderator has requested a pic.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 504
Posted on Friday, 27 May, 2016 - 18:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes I too was wondering where Bob UK was now I know I will keep an eye out for him in the black Shadow, There isn't too many of them ! in Ireland.

Richard.

David Gore

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Friday, 27 May, 2016 - 22:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK - Have opened a new topic for Vladimir's images.

For those of you in countries with better rainfall than outback Queensland, the dry arid surroundings seen in the Australian images are typical of how things look during a drought such as that in our recent El Nino weather pattern which has just been declared over to be replaced by the opposite La Nina episode which brings the long-awaited rain to restore the land.

The images are in a separate thread accessible on the following link - I have not captioned the images as this would best be done by Vladimir:

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/16947/20701.html?1464351651

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 174
Posted on Tuesday, 31 May, 2016 - 22:19:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All
Just saw this in a local garage a corniche!
Mike

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 216
Posted on Tuesday, 31 May, 2016 - 23:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nice looking car Mike.
Is that a green interior as well?

michael vass
Prolific User
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 175
Posted on Wednesday, 01 June, 2016 - 02:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Patrick
No it's beige sort of cream colour ok, no price on it ,I might just give him a call.
Mike

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 217
Posted on Wednesday, 01 June, 2016 - 11:43:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Its a great looking car Mike.
I'm a sucker for green cars.

Patrick Ryan
Prolific User

Post Number: 221
Posted on Friday, 03 June, 2016 - 12:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,
Going back to the start of this thread I showed some images of a Silver Cloud II
It had not been moved, nor started for over 15 years.
It has now shown up on Gumtree with notes about engine and brakes & interior.
They seem to have giver her a good wash.
They are asking $30k.
I've offered $12
She would need a full engine & brake overhaul for sure.