The Entabulator Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » The Entabulator « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1377
Posted on Thursday, 13 April, 2017 - 11:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gents,

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but I love it, as I know many people like this guy.

They just make crap up to be part of a conversation they know nothing about.

Apparently this guy ad libbed this right from the start, is just an actor and not a tech guy.

Enjoy "The Entabulator"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVO6DTKBMFM

ross kowalski
Grand Master
Username: cdfpw

Post Number: 359
Posted on Thursday, 13 April, 2017 - 12:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

http://www.rfcafe.com/miscellany/humor/ge-turbo-encabulator.pdf

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Thursday, 13 April, 2017 - 13:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Was this written after this guy's presentation, or did he do it from this Ross?

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 419
Posted on Tuesday, 09 May, 2017 - 12:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

The encbaulator speel is kind of funny. In some circles it is quoted but 3 out of 4 people present.

I looked it up as I really didn't know where it comes from but wikipedia had it's origins.

It was a joke written by a British engineer around WWII times, then became an inside joke in the engineering world. Rockwell International Corporation made a datasheet for it and subsequent videos have been made.

If you were wondering, yes I know that if one needs a phoresent score motion, you can use the encabulator in conjunction with a drawn recripricating dingle arm. That should reduce your sinusoidal replaneration to almost nill.

Patrick Francis
Prolific User
Username: jackpot

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, 09 May, 2017 - 23:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey Guys
If you want to see a true engineer at work have a look at this link.
Anyone that has some bodywork issues and dents to sort out should watch this video first!

https://youtu.be/UB0eRYHtpYo

Enjoy

Patrick Francis
Prolific User

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, 09 May, 2017 - 23:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Amazing thing is it never used to say parody video in the description. God knows how many may have tried to follow his advice - frightening and funny at the same time!!

Graham Watson
Experienced User
Username: graham508

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, 10 May, 2017 - 00:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok I saw the video and want: Metric Vise Grips, Magic diamond paper, and a pair of those great scissors! I already have plenty of zip cord

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1421
Posted on Wednesday, 10 May, 2017 - 03:54:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have found whitworth vice grips suitable for metric and sae.

There is a mobile phone app which has vice grips.

I have just serviced my entabulator because it was making my eyes water. The fugal pumper diagram was a disgrace.

ross kowalski
Grand Master

Post Number: 422
Posted on Wednesday, 10 May, 2017 - 04:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick F,

That one is pretty believable. It probably should at least have a disclaimer at the start.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Wednesday, 10 May, 2017 - 05:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

That tank video made me cringe. For the poor safety aspects of work and also for thinking that the tank could have come from a Honda Goldwing. Everyone knows that the Goldwing tank is under the seat and that the tank-like object between the seat and handlebars is in fact a dummy that contains zero amount of fuel.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master

Post Number: 1527
Posted on Wednesday, 10 May, 2017 - 12:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I just love it.

As that is all me.

Dribble crap endlessly to anyone that will listen.

Patrick Francis
Prolific User

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, 10 May, 2017 - 23:45:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I love where he bends the 6" nails so easily after they are stuck to the tank. Actually I had a good chuckle over the whole thing.
He has some other clips on YouTube, but I think this is the best one!