Spam-a-thon? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Spam-a-thon? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Thursday, 07 May, 2015 - 13:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Who is this Harison Paulson and is he going to be asked to cease and desist or have his posting privileges revoked?

This is a real first that it would be preferable to nip in the bud.

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1604
Posted on Thursday, 07 May, 2015 - 15:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian,

This is the first one that has got past our Administrator as far as I am aware in all the years I have been active on the forum - have deleted the SPAM and advised the Administrator of the problem.

No asking - instant excommunication applies if I see posts of this type.

David

bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.121.38
Posted on Friday, 08 May, 2015 - 07:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

What pleasure people get from spamming is beyond me.

They are billy no mates. Nobody actually reads the stuff. I just scan and delete and block the sender.

A while I got a email asking if I would cash cheques. I reported it to the police and the copper said that the bad grammar and spelling is intentional so any responses comes from people who can't read and write properly.

A few years ago I kept getting mail saying I had won a lottery that I haven't entered and send £100 to process my winnings. I sent them using their pre paid envelope a few a collection of junk mail. They stopped sending me junk mail.

My Bro in law. Was a postman and he noticed an old man was getting these fraud letters so he told the police to check. They wouldn't so he spoke to the old man and got the old guys son round to explain the fraud.

I hate fraudsters. They are leeches of pensions.
Recently locally we had a roofer charge £7500 to service a tiled roof. The local building inspector valued the work at 200 quid. Fortunately the police got the money back and the roofer got 6 mths. The old guy had to borrow the money, which when on a pension only would cause hardship in paying the loan back.

My bankers check carefully any abnormal spending and contact me if they spot anything. I tell them before hand if I am going to buy something expensive. I keep a cheqing account on less than 50 quid. If I needed a larger cheque I transfer the money in and tell the bank who the cheque is going to. That way nobody can get me. Also I do this with pay pal and direct debits.

(Message approved by david_gore)