136 miles Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » 136 miles « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Sunday, 30 October, 2016 - 21:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just MOTed the Jeep it passed. Good O.

My Shadow has not been used, so the only miles I have driven this year is the Jeep. I only drove 136 miles this year!!!!!.

I wish local transport was better then I ccould do with out the Jeep and just have my Shadow.

At 136 miles a year the fuel consumption is irrelevant.

If I had any sense I would give up cars and get taxis.

Saw a smashing Motorbike the other day a 250cc single retro £2200 new looks like a BSA---- make Sinnis (China). The engine is a Suzuki GN250 21bhp. 80mph and 80mpg. not at the same time though.

Unfortunately I have two hip replacements and falling off a motorbike could bend the hip replacements which is seriously bad news for ones health and life.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 627
Posted on Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 06:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Bob it probably is a smashing bike meaning as its made in China its likely to break in half with your pelvis being smashed up on the road.

Seriously stick to the old English bikes as they knew how to weld!!

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 22:27:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Seriously I shall keep away from bikes because a smashed pelvis could be very serious.

The fit and finish of the Sinnis 250 is easily as good as an original BSA C15 250.

I have been told that even the tyres supplied arn't bad.

A lot of younger people look at old Brit bikes with rose tinted glasses. The C15 had a life of about 10k miles before rebuild. The chrome and cosmetics were bad.

Which is why the Japs took over, now the Chinese are picking up the small bike end and maybe bigger stuff later on. Which is how the Japs did it.

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 628
Posted on Tuesday, 01 November, 2016 - 06:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Are yes Bob I like the old Peking is following in Tokyo's footsteps argument but I am not convinced at all. Late 60's to early 70's our Nippon friends start to produce reasonable quality cars that appeared to be miniature American cars with 4 cylinder motors.

That proved to be a disaster for Detroit as the US and Oz masses bought these economical ricebeaters most of which fortunately found their way to the crusher. The Chinese have a different method called " let's make it shiney and the west will buy".And they have over and over and over again.

China is very different from Japan. Rarely have I seen good product coming from PRC. You can bet its top quality stuff for their military and space effort but I suspect everything else. The communist party rules China with an iron fist and is accountable only to the Party itself. Err that's why they will continue supporting the fat boy in Pyongyang while saying they are doing something about him.

Many farmers here have tried to do business with them and have got severely burnt. Put simply if you don't have political connections in China then 5 will end up being 2.75 at your detriment before you know it.

If the Japanese were cunning the Chinese are ultra cunning. Right throughout the west we have households stuffed to the brim with cheap shoddy Chinese made goods. This is not a mistake nor an accident.

English, German and US manufactured goods were good quality. Almost nothing comes out of China as a good quality. China is an immensely corrupt country. Japan is only partially corrupt.

You may think the Chinese motorbike is good quality but believe me somebody is cooking the book somewhere on the production line!!!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 618
Posted on Tuesday, 01 November, 2016 - 06:26:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob,
Stay off the bikes mate.
We need you in good health. What would this forum be without you at 100%

In Sydney I have noticed a Royal Enfield dealership spring up on Parramatta Road.
I understand these are made in India?

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Wednesday, 02 November, 2016 - 01:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Patrick,

I am banned by my family from motorbikes and climbing on roofs etc.

I remember working at 15 feet on a roof and stepping back to admire my gutters and when I looked behind me I was 6 inches from the edge of the roof. Its so easy to have an accident and motorbikes are so easy to just fall off.

I shall stick to cars with a roof and seat belts and leather and wood and air con----- and BBC Radio 2

Royal Enfields are made in India but the Royal bit of the name has gone. Not good bikes. seriously out of date 70mph and 500cc!!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 628
Posted on Wednesday, 02 November, 2016 - 06:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes mate I agree.
No more roofs for me either.

I did fall off my bike a number of years ago, luckily it was in a car park.
Un luckily, it was in the full view of about 25 people

Its amazing how a big bike is so stable at high speed and so unstable at LOW speed DOOOOH

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Thursday, 03 November, 2016 - 07:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

today I had a bone scan and I have osteoporosis so breaking bones is treble bad.

I already knew I would have osteoporosis because I take Steroids to combat colon inflammation, and other pills to combat the steroids.

falling off motorbikes is a given if you ride a motorbike, I dont know anyone who rides who has not fallen off.