I bet W.O is spinning at about 6000 rpm! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » I bet W.O is spinning at about 6000 rpm! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 193
Posted on Monday, 18 December, 2017 - 08:13:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have just been watching: 'Inside Bentley' on channel 4. I know my dislike for the new VW cars is well known but this programme just proved that Bentleys are now for total ++_+_+!

Mostly about the Bentayga (what a wonderful name) and the people who buy them. For a start, the car is ugly enough to stop traffic, though the interior is rather pleasant and is just yet another Audi in a posh frock (sic).

The sales division seems to be geared to selling to footballers and other 'celebrities' and all semblance of class is long gone.

Very sad.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Monday, 18 December, 2017 - 08:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A local guy whose has loads of dosh uses cabs because he says no car hassles.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1785
Posted on Monday, 18 December, 2017 - 08:56:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Rolls-Royce Sales & Marketing team will be working overtime on exactly the same type of cashed up footballers, and celebrities as the launch of the yet to be officially named Project Cullinan draws near.
Sir FH Royce will be spinning at just as high RPM as WO B I think.
I do hope they have fine tuned the exterior look.

I really like the PVIII, but if the new SUV is to have the same look, it will be like a huge imposing tank as it looms in the rear view mirror.

michael vass
Grand Master
Username: mikebentleyturbo2

Post Number: 427
Posted on Monday, 18 December, 2017 - 19:21:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I totally agree David, my thoughts exactly. Think I'm going to tell people it's a big Peugeot lol
Mike

keith pearson
Experienced User
Username: dud_fivers

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, 18 December, 2017 - 20:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

with cars that expensive they have to sell to people with the money . They always did, even selling some to Franco and some other dodgy characters. So what? means more on the second hand market at lower prices. As long as the footballers don't crash them it's OK.

Robert Noel Reddington
Grand Master
Username: bob_uk

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Monday, 18 December, 2017 - 21:35:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rolls-Royce only sell cars to dealers. They are not guardians of morals or anything similar.

Mark Luft
Prolific User
Username: bentleyman1993

Post Number: 152
Posted on Tuesday, 19 December, 2017 - 06:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes Robert you are correct. All manufacturers sell to their dealers. The manufacturer cares not who buys their products, as long as they get paid. No longer does RR or B care about the buyer.

keith pearson
Experienced User
Username: dud_fivers

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, 19 December, 2017 - 09:31:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I doubt they ever did. Bugatti tried that approach and how many Royales did he sell?

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2532
Posted on Wednesday, 20 December, 2017 - 02:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The Bugatti Type 41, better known as the Royale, was the ultimate "halo car" of its day. I doubt Ettore Bugatti ever expected to sell many of them.

According to Wikipedia his own plans were to produce 25 of them, and the advent of the Great Depression certainly put the kibosh on conspicuous consumption or any hint of it. The wrong car at the wrong time.