Why Omar should be forced to drink ha... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Why Omar should be forced to drink hard in Crewe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vladimir Ivanovich Kirillov
Grand Master
Username: soviet

Post Number: 616
Posted on Thursday, 13 October, 2016 - 10:02:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Grandmasters Moderator Newbies etc.

We have all witnessed the evil from Dubai and glimpses of his Jay Leno style of car collection.

Sadly gentlemen I have report that I being part true Soviet fell in all morality to the depth of purchasing one 1964 Chrysler 300K Coupe this morning.

Had I stayed away from this forum and especially Omar this would have not happened to me so be warned!!

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 566
Posted on Thursday, 13 October, 2016 - 12:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry Vlad I had to look that up!

Nice.
For anyone else who had no idea of what Vlad bought,
Here is what I could find.

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 398
Posted on Thursday, 13 October, 2016 - 17:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir...
That choice is insanely cool. The Lord works in mysterious ways! Based on your hints, I assume you fell hard for black?

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2256
Posted on Thursday, 13 October, 2016 - 18:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vladimir,

This car immediately reminded me of the 1960's Dodge Phoenix sold by Chrysler Autralia to compete with the Ford Fairlane/Galaxy and GM Chevrolet/Pontiac full size cars imported for sale here:

Phoenix

The family resemblance to Vladimir's car is immediately obvious.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 568
Posted on Thursday, 13 October, 2016 - 19:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Christian,
I don't know what colour Vlad purchased, I picked the black off Google as I liked it

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 860
Posted on Friday, 14 October, 2016 - 04:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vladirmir,
I cracked up when I saw this thread this morning. I will concede the need to consume copious jugs of grape beverage for my evil ways that have clearly washed off on a few fellow forum participants. Having said that - by golly the 300K is a magical car. And here is something Dear comerade...... I dont have one of those!!

We will have to have a line drawn in the sand for total car madness. That line is one that none of us forum goers have yet crossed. When we cross that line then its the loony bin for us. The line is when someone buys a Mercedes 600 of the 100 series.
There is hope for us yet Vladimir......

Grand Master

Post Number: 618
Posted on Friday, 14 October, 2016 - 05:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Obviously my mental profile has been a tad too exposed. Black it will be. Yep its a project but again a rarity. Under 600 made. David have a look at the first and second series Australian Variants and tell me if you think those and this 300K were not penned by the same artist especially the front. To me it looks like an OZ Valiant on steroids.

Omar - yes the 600 then the Zil COMRADE !!

Ah I bought it as a reward for myself totally losing interest in women except for natural purposes.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Tuesday, 08 August, 2017 - 03:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vlad - where are you mate?
seriously worried about you.
Please tell us you are ok....

Grand Master

Post Number: 775
Posted on Wednesday, 09 August, 2017 - 06:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Omar and others. I have just survived yet another hideous emotional and financial epic tragedy which has sadly put me in a position where I can't make it to London for the first RRForum meet which also means somebody else needs to arrange the car badges.

I will survive - just.

More stories and yap soon.

richard george yeaman
Grand Master
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 782
Posted on Wednesday, 09 August, 2017 - 08:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Vladimir I am so glad to see your name on another post, I am sure that you will survive yet again, I am sorry that you wont be attending our first forum meet but I can assure you who that the few that will be there will enjoy it on behalf of those who aren't, I will try and organise some kind of Keepsake for anyone that attends.

Richard.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 2629
Posted on Wednesday, 09 August, 2017 - 09:37:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And here I was thinking the "dark side" had snatched you from the face of the earth..............

Hopefully you can put the past under lock and key to allow a new start and happier experiences.

Here I was thinking I was the only one facing never-diminishing obstacles and you have joined me in this mode.

Nil Bastardum Desperandum..........

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master

Post Number: 1278
Posted on Saturday, 12 August, 2017 - 04:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Vlad,
I am relieved that you are well.
Don't worry about the badges - in the grand scheme of things they don't matter one iota.
A few of us are happy that you are still part of our community and that you will be back soon. You are simply taking a sabbatical to sort things out before you return to Camargue engine rebuilds.
stay happy.
Omar

Nick Adlam
Prolific User
Username: crewes_control

Post Number: 106
Posted on Saturday, 12 August, 2017 - 20:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As an occasional contributor and major reader/lurker/learner on this great forum, I gotta admit that Vlad always gives me the biggest laughs and I always follow his shenanigans, adventures and good advice with big interest. One of our treasured members.

Glad to hear you're still with us mate. Hope life isn't treating you too hard. I know how it is...