Amusing events with our cars... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » Amusing events with our cars... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Towers
Prolific User
Username: xtriple

Post Number: 104
Posted on Tuesday, 21 February, 2017 - 02:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There must be loads of times people have said something to you that made you laugh, or met people through your car, I want to hear stories...

I'll start (you knew I would didn't you?), today, at the park with the dogs and sat with a couple of friends. One is an elderly lady called 'Sandy' who has a couple of lovely little dogs. She suddenly pipes up with:
'You like cars don't you' to me. 'There's an absolutely beautiful, classy car parked by the gate. I'm not really a car person, but some just look so perfect, I had to mention it'.
Yes, it was indeed my car, but the thing that made me grin and made her blush was that she and her dogs have been in that 'classy' car on more than one occasion!

gordon le feuvre
Prolific User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 163
Posted on Tuesday, 21 February, 2017 - 03:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In 1970'sI worked at R-R dealership that also sold Rover Group product. Collected my Mum in Rover 3500. She commented that it drove well. Following sunday, collected her to take her for Mothering Sunday lunch, but this time in our demo R-R. Whilst driving along she said to me "if these Rover's drive so well, I wonder what a R-R would be like" -no answer to that!

John Beech
Prolific User
Username: jbeech

Post Number: 208
Posted on Saturday, 25 February, 2017 - 04:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

This has probably happened to every RR owner Stateside but here in America there was once a television commercial for a brand of Dijon mustard called Gray Poupon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwOCOm9Z0YE

. . . and while it featured a pair of Silver Clouds, in both instances where I was out and about in Tootsie, whilst stopped at a traffic light, a fellow in the lane next to me rolled down his car window and asked if I had any Grey Poupon. Goes to show what sticks in the national consciousness is unpredictable.

I had thought to buy a small bottle for the glove box but what I had forgotten until I watched the commercial again is the answer to the question is, "But of course!" and I drive off, so I don't actually have to have any with me ;>)