User Names and why ??? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Idler Chatter » Archive to 2017 » User Names and why ??? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Prolific User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 206
Posted on Wednesday, 24 September, 2014 - 19:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Some times when I am reading these posts I wonder about the user names that some of us use I will start the ball rolling with my own, Richyrich is not a glimpse into my financial standing I can assure you of that, I used to do work for a man who called me Richy instead of Richard he also gambled on horse racing one horse he gambled on was called Richyrich and he would say to me I see your horse won to day so that became my user name what about yours.

Richard.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Thursday, 25 September, 2014 - 00:00:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mine is a creation that came about from my second career as a speech and language pathologist (SLP). There are very few men in this field, so since I am a guy [even if a gay guy], I pushed guy and SLP together.

What I find interesting is that this forum doesn't use username as its primary identifier. It's the only forums software that I've ever seen that doesn't.

I certainly haven't tried to "be anonymous" here, but I use "guyslp" virtually anywhere I post, and it does serve to anonymize me, in a way, in many places.

Brian

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 475
Posted on Thursday, 25 September, 2014 - 00:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I've just had a quick look through the usernames and find that most people use a version of their actual names. I always have trouble thinking up usernames and passwords so chose dounraey many years ago simply because I had been reading an article on the decommissioning of a nuclear plant at Dounreay on the north coast of Scotland. I find it easier to continue using this name rather than trying to choose another, even though the name does have a slightly sinister feel to it, sounding a little like the word doomray.

Geoff

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 734
Posted on Thursday, 08 January, 2015 - 02:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Guess!

Bob UK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, 08 January, 2015 - 07:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ok, I give up.