Where to poke a wire through from the... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Where to poke a wire through from the engine to the cabin « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cliff Biggs
Experienced User
Username: cliffy

Post Number: 155
Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2024 - 13:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I need to poke a wire through the firewall from the passenger compartment to the engine and haven't found a place to do it yet. Don't want to drill into the air con stuff from the engine side and can't see any place to go from the passenger side.
Anyone got a place where they have done it?

Thanks in advance

Alan Dibley
Frequent User
Username: alsdibley

Post Number: 413
Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2024 - 17:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Are there spare connections via the toe-board system ?

I've got a radio system to give me intermittent wiping on my T. No wires through the bulkhead.

Alan D.

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 881
Posted on Friday, 20 September, 2024 - 19:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cliff, on UK cars there is a blanking plug in the floor/ footwell which is where I run wires through with a nylon braiding. I assume this would be mirrored on the USA cars. Not particularly neat, but at least no damage risk. Mark

Cliff Biggs
Experienced User

Post Number: 156
Posted on Saturday, 21 September, 2024 - 11:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In looking around again today I think I have found a good place to actually drill a hole. On Left drive cars the heater hoses are on the left of the steering column and just to the left of those the flat area that the hoses goes through has a small area that one could drill a wire pass through through. I think I may look at this again in the morning but it looks as if both sides of the flat area are clear of anything that would be harmed by drilling a 1/4 inch hole.

Alan, I thought of the toe boards and looking for a spare pass through but the inside connections seem so hard to get to it kind of negates their use.

Mark, does the location of the blanking plug cause any water intrusion problems? I'll take a look tomorrow to see if I have the same plug

This is all involved in long term starter cranking issue which remains unresolved after 1 year of chasing the issue.

I'll start another thread on this issue again and detail what I have found to see if the brain trust here has any ideas.

Thanks again guys Its appreciated.

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 882
Posted on Saturday, 21 September, 2024 - 20:24:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Cliff, its in the passenger toeboard and I suspect it is to allow lh drive- rh drive options. In daily use puncturing the grommet and sealing with a silicone sealer has given no water ingress and that is in the rainy UK ! Mark

Cliff Biggs
Experienced User

Post Number: 157
Posted on Thursday, 26 September, 2024 - 18:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark I looked at mine and I have insulation and padding above so getting down to it is problematic.
I decided to drill a small hole just to the left of the heater hose and it worked out perfect for what I need.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: