Spirit 3 entertainment system Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Spirit 3 entertainment system « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles Drakoulas
New User
Username: free_spirit

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, 30 September, 2024 - 08:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,
As I write there is absolutely no power to the radio harness coming from the dash. No constant power and now no ignition switch power.
I was upgrading the radio. It was tested and working fine dangling in the car. When I pushed it home it stopped functioning. The constant power wires' insulation was breached and the wire made contact with the mounting cage.
I've checked all the fuses in the glove box and the boot. And swapped over relays etc. All good except 1 10 amp fuse blown adjacent the alpine amps in the boot which I replaced to no avail.
So no power to the entertainment system at all not even the boot amps or cd changer.
It's stress city here. Can anybody please advise where I can find the fuse supplying constant power and ignition power to this harness? The only part I havent removed is the lower center console.
Oh and just one more question.should the climate control fan switch be working on run key position if the car isn't started? Because it isn't and I don't know if it's a coincidence.
I would be grateful for any assistance.
Cheers
Charles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles Drakoulas
New User
Username: free_spirit

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, 30 September, 2024 - 12:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

UPDATE: please disregard all of the above. I have found the problem. I think I must be getting old.
I discovered that one of the many empty positions on the main fuseboard needed a fuse. I put a fuse in and the entertainment system fired up.
My problem now is to find out why the fuse was missing because I know that I didn't remove any.
Cheers

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: