Seat adjuster motor part NBG15389 Ben... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Spirit Series » Seat adjuster motor part NBG15389 Bentley Turbo RL « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan Ford
Prolific User
Username: herne13

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, 14 April, 2017 - 12:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys.

Can anyone please tell me if this part (shown below and depicted by 3 arrows)is available as a spare part?
I have looked at Flyingspares but could not find just this part.

seat motor component

I have a friend here who can turn one out of alloy but we are unsure if it is meant to be a shear off part.

Alan Ford
Prolific User

Post Number: 187
Posted on Saturday, 15 April, 2017 - 13:51:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Len made the part for me, he used a solid bit of hard nylon and turned it down, the part works well but the trouble remain, looks like the seat mechanism is frozen.
The electric seat gear assembly is very brittle and the housing was already broken in a number of places.

Looks like its a bit of a job removing the entire seat and lubricating all moving parts etc. This job might have to wait a while.

Patrick Ryan
Grand Master
Username: patrick_r

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Saturday, 15 April, 2017 - 14:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have seen quite a few posts here Alan regarding seats, motors & mechanisms.

Quite a big topic in the past.

Do a search, you may find some posts that help.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 1792
Posted on Saturday, 15 April, 2017 - 15:33:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi,

Just a thought. Have you turned both outputs so they are synchronised?

I can't tell what the part drives from the photo but the two adjusters need to be fully up or down or central before connecting up the motor cables.

Alan Ford
Prolific User

Post Number: 188
Posted on Saturday, 15 April, 2017 - 17:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The picture with the arrows was the only piece we replaced, its supposed to be one piece but looks like it's a shear point for overloads? however we know the seat is frozen because we swapped the passenger seat motor and gearbox which works. It failed to work when we swapped the unit showing and thus proving the seat was in fact frozen but the motor and gearbox went through the motions trying to work as did the replacement part.

I hope that all makes sense.

Patrick I have yet to try a search. I am not fond of how the search engine works but I couldn't create a better one :-) I will have to bite the bullet and try it.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 2264
Posted on Sunday, 16 April, 2017 - 05:15:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Alan,

There have been known issues with the built-in site search mechanism for a couple of years now and since the forums software is no longer officially supported by its maker it will likely stay that way. I usually use it as a "quick and dirty" check but if I get no results I then use the following operator in my favorite web search engine:

site:au.rrforums.net/forum/messages

followed by the keywords I want to search on. You can drill down to specific areas of the site.

See the thread entitled, Au.rrforums.net - External Searchability, I started back in August 2014. The site was opened up to web crawling for web search engines after the problem with the built-in search was identified. It does turn out that I was not using the correct site designation for the discussion forums messages, but what I show above is correct.

Brian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: